Subtle Luxury Birds of Paradise Pareo Sarong /wrap
A nomenclatural type specimenVintage Black Half Slip Skirt LargeInternational Code of Nomenclature for Algae, Fungi, and Plants (Melbourne Code), 2012). Type specimens coupled with published descriptions may be considered the foundation of botanical nomenclature.
Ascot Valances Layered Jacquard Print in Blue (5) totalPortland leather goods unicorn mini crossbody, require that a single type specimen be designated at the time of publication (holotype). Duplicates of the specimen with the same collector and number (from a single gathering at the same location and time) are considered isotypes. Additional specimens cited are called paratypes. However, early in the history of botanical nomenclature, the designation of specific specimens as types was not required and even multiple specimens could be cited (syntypes). Scientific names are evaluated as being validly published based on the applicable rules of the period. When the rules did not require types to be cited and an original author did not cite a type or cited multiple specimens current researchers are authorized to select a lectotype from the material the original author is presumed to have had available.
Scrunchie Handmade Dallas Cowboys themeYork & Hudson Sweater new and a list of them was never kept. Furthermore, many of the type specimens do not have any markings on them to indicate that they are types. We are now discovering these specimens through routine collection use and literature review.
This work-in-progress currently enumerates about 953 types. Hundreds of bryophyte and lichen types are currently being researched for addition. Types included are: holotypes, isotypes, lectotypes, isolectotypes, neotypes, isoneotypes, syntypes, isosyntypes, epitypes, isoepitypes, paratypes, “cultivar types”, “clonotypes” and types whose designation has not yet been determined. Definitions for the type terminologies used in our site are below. Guidelines for annotation of type specimens may be found in the UF Herbarium web page, “Fashion Nova Plaid Striped Wrap Front Shirt,” by Kent D. Perkins and Wendy B. Zomlefer. High resolution digital images are being linked in as available for all of our type specimens.
Type Terms Used In This Site
Lily Rose Women's Black Floral Layered Spaghetti Strap Rayon Dress XSJosef Seibel Shoes)
- Holotype: the one specimen* or illustration used by the author, or designated by the author as the nomenclatural type.
- Isotype: any duplicate specimen of the holotype.
- Lectotype: a specimen or illustration designated as the type when no holotype was indicated at the time of publication. If possible, the lectotype should be selected from the syntypes or original material.
- Isolectotype: any duplicate specimen of the lectotype.
- Syntype:My Life Vanity Table Playset for 18" doll Our Generation
- Isosyntype:Wild Fable Women's Orange/Brown Short Sleeve Crop Top Size Large - New/Sealed
- Neotype: a specimen or illustration selected as the type when all of the material on which the name of the taxon was based is missing.
- Isoneotype:Louis-Philippe Memoirs 1773-1793 JOHN HARDMAN 1977 HBDJ 1st Ed 2nd Printing
- Paratype: a specimen cited in the protologue that is neither the holotype, isotype, nor one of the syntypes. These are often listed as representative specimens in the original description.
- Epitype: “a specimen or illustration selected to serve as an interpretative type when the holotype, lectotype, or previously designated neotype, or all original material associated with a validly published name, is demonstrably ambiguous and cannot be critically identified for purposes of the precise application of the name of a taxon.” (ICBN Ch. 2, Sec. 2, Art. 9.7) The holotype, lectotype, or neotype that the epitype supports must be explicitly cited when the epitype is designated (see Art. 9.18).
- Levi's Womens Cropped 501 Jeans Sz 32×26 NWT ..in Great Condition.....No Spots,H a duplicate specimen of an epitype.
- Type**: specimens which are believed to be a type but the exact type status has not been researched or determined.
- Photo of a Type**: a photograph of a type specimen.
- Cultivar type: the so-called “type” specimen of a horticultural cultivar. Some such specimens have been called clonotypes by researchers, but we use a different definition for that term (below).
- Vintage Sonoma three quarter sleeve shirt used in our database to denote “a specimen taken from a vegetatively propagated part of the individual plant from which the type specimen was obtained” as defined in: Fernald, H.T. 1939. On type nomenclature. Annals of the Entomological Society of America 32(4): 689-702, p. 693.
- Topotype**: a specimen collected from the same location the original holotype material was collected.
- Non-type: specimens which are erroneously labelled as types should be annotated as, “Not a Type.”
Kasper Linen Lined Pants Size 12P NWT
** These terms are commonly used but are not officially designated in the International Code of Nomenclature for Algae, Fungi, and Plants (Melbourne Code), 2012.